Thursday, March 12, 2009

Faith Like a Child

These are my boys! Their smiles light up my day every time. I find the way they see the world fascinating. Today, Evan (the one on the left) was looking out our window at Mt. Rainier, and said, "Mommy, you said God tells us we can move mountains." After severe concentration, he spoke again. "Well, I guess I will just have to tell him that that mountain is broken."

Never once did Evan doubt God's promise to him. He didn't analyze himself to find out why his faith wasn't strong enough, or why God wasn't responding immediately. He simply took what was happening as evidence that sometimes things are broken, and it is out of his control to fix them. Evan's total reliance was on the God that created the mountain to "fix" it so he could accomplish what his faith was intended to do.

Oh, to have the faith of a child.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet story, and such an inspiring example. Your boys are so sweet.

    I just have to tell you - I took Nyah to Wal-mart tonight to do some shopping for our trip next week and she said, "Look, Mommy, there's Thomas the Tank Engine - that's Gideon's most favorite thing ever." She's thinking about you guys even when we haven't seen each other for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is what it takes to enter the Kingdom!

    I subscribed via bloglines. I love you!

    ReplyDelete